Spring is (apparently) here and we are all looking forward to brighter, longer days with the sun shining and temperatures rising. Unfortunately, the nice weather hasn’t happened yet. We welcomed March with snow and we are ending March with snow, but we didn’t let the gloomy weather get us down and kept our spirits up!
This month was pretty productive in the YAP office, particularly with blogs! We published a total of 6 blogs in March which included information on the GDPR, yoga teacher insurance and our stance on beer yoga! There were also some changes to the insurance policy, continue reading for more information!
- Changes to aerial yoga, acro yoga and yogalates for insurance
– If you teach Aerial Yoga, AcroYoga or Yogalates, then you will no longer be covered under the standard yoga insurance policy (NOTE: You will be covered up until your renewal) due to Balens Ltd flagging these as high risk. You can upgrade your insurance at renewal time to include additional Therapies so that you are covered for these activities.
- General Data Protection Regulation Blogs
– We have written two blogs regarding the new Data Protection Act. We have highlighted the most important changes we think are relevant to yoga teachers and have linked very useful websites so that you are ready and prepared!
- A Year of teaching written by Louise
– The Business Partnership manager, Louise Wallace, is also a yoga teacher. She has written a blog on her 1st year of being a yoga teacher and her experiences.
– You can read the blog here!
- Teacher Insurance blog
– We have put together a blog regarding what you should look out for when buying your yoga teacher insurance, you can have a read here!
– We are writing another part to this for corporate insurance, watch this space!
- New YAPTA
– Yin Yoga by Dawn Wright will take place on 2nd June in Milton Keynes – Find out more!
- Hannam Health
– Peter Sterios is the Founder of Manduka Mats and he will be hosting his first every TTC in the UK!
– You can find information on the TTC and also read Peters top business tips in an article on Hannam Health profile!
- Sam Rao – Waitrose Yoga
– Waitrose Yoga is expanding! New locations have been added and yoga teachers are needed.
– Read the article for information on the initiative and how you can get involved.
– Lime House Yoga has registered a new Foundation Training
– Yoga by Nature is running a course on Yoga for Cancer
– Laura Green Training & Mentoring have registered their Foundation Course.
- News Article (Beer Yoga & blog)
– We were featured in an article from The Times regarding our stance on Beer Yoga.
– We also wrote a blog of our own about this, read it here!
Our favourite fact from the team huddle this month;
- The cornea of the eye is the only part of the body that has no blood supply and so it stays the same size from birth to death. This is why babies appear to have large eyes!
Thanks to you all for another amazing month!
The Yoga Alliance Professionals Team