We can’t believe that January is over already! It’s been a busy month with lots of new members joining, we have also been working hard on getting more YAPTAs to you, some tweaks to trainer memberships and creating guidelines for member features.
At the end of each month, we will write a blog here so that you can keep up to date with any important changes and announcements to YAP. These changes may affect your membership, so it’s important to know what’s going on.
Our January achievements are;
- Job Opportunities
– We now have a feature on our website that will allow you to put up available jobs. These appear on the homepage of our website.
– You can put a listing up if you are seeking a job too.
- New YAPTA events (and competitions)
– We have finalised 7 YAPTA events and they are live on the website! There are still some more to be confirmed, so don’t worry if you don’t see something suited to you yet. You can view the YAPTA events here.
– We are also going to run competitions on occasion, this will allow you to be in for the chance of getting a FREE ticket! (keep an eye on our social media, make sure you are following us on facebook too so you see our posts first!)
- Updated the About us page
– We have altered the ‘About Us’ section of our page, so it now sums up our ethos perfectly (our ethos is further explained below). You can view this here.
- Auto-Renew is BACK! (teachers only)
– Your renewal will now be taken automatically each year, as long as there are card details on your profile. We’ll still remind you 14 days before payment is made!
- Updated Trainer Page
– The trainer page has been re-created, so it’s clear and concise. The reason behind this was to make the change from PAC to ‘Further Training’. You can view the new and improved page here.
- Renamed PAC courses to Further Training
-Although we love our acronyms here at YAP, Further Training seemed much clearer.
- New written guidelines for member features
– We are in the process of writing guidelines for features (such as articles, reviews, images etc.) this means that everything on our website stays appropriate.
- We have a new Centre of Excellence!
– Fierce Grace Yoga is now a COE with us – view their website here
– A Centre of Excellence is our top studio membership level. This shows that they have met excellent standards regarding their facilities, classes, workshops, ethos, rapport with students as well as other various factors.
- Changes to the Data Protection Act (DPA)
– The Data Protection Act is soon to be changed to the GDPR, we wrote a blog on this recently – find the blog here.
– We will feature another blog soon which will highlight the changes.
- Member Articles
– You can write articles on anything you may feel benefit other teachers, trainees or students. Whether this be your personal experiences or some of your tips!
– The articles are featured on our homepage, so they are an amazing way to get exposure for yourself. We also share some articles on social media, especially the ones that are beneficial for others!
- Continuing to build strong relationships with our members
– We are acutely aware of the poor standards that exist in some yoga training courses around the world. We are on a mission to increase standards across the board – this starts with our registered Training courses and follows onto the continued development of our registered teachers.
– We are building strong relations with our Trainers and working in PARTNERSHIP with them. We check every single course is still meeting our standards and provide a structured career path for teachers to follow to continue their own professional development.
– It is important that we have a RELATIONSHIP with our members so we support each other – we want to know what you are doing and offer help to achieve this. So, speak to us – we are genuinely here to build a family of well-qualified teachers and trainers.
This month’s favourite facts from our ‘huddle’ were;
- In 1907, an ad campaign for Kellogg corn flakes offered a free box of cereal to any woman who would wink at her grocer.
- Hippopotamus translated actually means ‘river horse’. It is a combination of the Greek words hippos, meaning “horse” and potamos, meaning “river.”
As always we love to hear your feedback. Wayne Leal recently mentioned us in an article by the Telegraph and we asked if he’d be kind enough to give us a short testimonial and this is what he had to say about us – My Movie 1 – HD 1080p – Thank you so much, Wayne! It means a lot to us. If you’d like to find out more about JumpGa go here!
Thanks for an Amazing month!
The Yoga Alliance Professionals Team