We cannot believe another year has passed! As we leave 2017 behind and look forward to 2018 we thought we’d summarise some of the things we have been working on for our members this year. We launched a new website, which has provided members with an interactive profile which we truly believe will enhance your online exposure!
We went digital and are providing members with video membership certificates to upload to their websites and social media. We launched new products; we partnered with Glofox an appointment booking system to give our members discounts on their software. You can purchase domain names from Crazy Domains (or other providers) and we will link this to your profile.
Some of the other things we have achieved are we’ve invested in a new system to keep your details safe and have been very busy updating our email communications. With that, we have reviewed some of our processes/procedures. We tweaked our membership logos and these are now source coded to link back to your Yoga Alliance Professionals Profile.
If that wasn’t enough, we have launched a members area, with useful information to support your teaching and built a FAQ questions area on our website. Amrita 3 was launched in October and our team worked hard to put this together to produce another fantastic magazine for you to enjoy!
Our three Apprentices, all successfully completed their training this year and are very valued members of the team. Finally, in order to practice what we preach, we now close our office each Wednesday lunchtime and we all depart to a local studio to do a yoga class to refresh and refocus our minds and bodies!
Going forward we plan to write an update blog each month, so you know what is new and what we are working on, it allows you to keep track of any important announcements that may affect you.
Some things we have achieved in December are:
- Trainee Memberships
– We are working on creating Three memberships for Trainees, this will launch on the 8th January 2018. There will still be a free membership option and there is a fee for the other Two.
- Meet the Team Page
– You can find the all-new ‘Meet the Team’ here. We have updated our pictures and also added some random facts.
- New Teams and Roles
– We now have 4 teams in YAP; Member Engagement, Communications & Systems, Teacher Relations and Business Partnerships.
- A new member of staff – Mark!
– Mark is part of the Member Engagement Team and will be coordinating our YAPTA events and be our main contact person for new Trainer and Studio applications!
- Updated Phone System
– When you phone, you will have options to choose from so that you will get through to the correct person that you need to talk to.
- Advertise on website
– You can now advertise your workshops/studios on our website, they will appear as an image at the side of search results. You can find more information here!
- Working on getting more YAPTA locations in the UK
– This will mean that more of you can attend a YAPTA in 2018! Since we are increasing the number of cities, we hope this means you don’t need to travel too far.
- We also survived this month!
– Despite us going Go-Karting and eating lots of chocolate the past couple of weeks, we have managed to get through the month and we’re well and happy!
We also have a ‘huddle’ in the office every morning and this allows us to keep track of what everyone is working on, part of this huddle is the fact of the day! Our favourite facts this month were;
• In Japan, their Christmas Tradition is to have KFC for their tea on Christmas Eve.
•WD40 stands for water-displacing, and it took them 40 attempts to make the product.
Happy Holidays and best wishes for 2018! From all of us at Yoga Alliance Professionals.